[Question] Key logging in Dayz

Bar_r

Recently saw a ban come in for a AHK script to autorun. It was relayed via a discord bot which was showing key logs from the AHK. This is the first i've seen of this and am curious if anyone has information on how this is possible to detect keystrokes or even AHK via a Dayz community server.

The server is connected to CF Tools but with no other downloadable mods.

I have also confirmed that they are using a gamelabs integration but have not been able to get access to the configurations yet.

Screenshot 2024-03-16 235001.png

15 hours ago, theroyal1 said:

It's been known to ban people who hit the delete key right when they join, or spam it too much as it's the default menu key for chairs. 

Yeah I saw this stream when they first were talking about it being released. I guess it seems the server actually repacked the Namalsk mod, making it seem like it was vanilla namalsk, and then added in their own admin tools along with the KeyLogger mod thats on the workshop. Wild stuff, can't believe BE and Steam allow that, even if it only logs keystrokes if the game is in focus.

On 3/18/2024 at 2:48 PM, Bar_r said:

Yeah I saw this stream when they first were talking about it being released. I guess it seems the server actually repacked the Namalsk mod, making it seem like it was vanilla namalsk, and then added in their own admin tools along with the KeyLogger mod thats on the workshop. Wild stuff, can't believe BE and Steam allow that, even if it only logs keystrokes if the game is in focus.

That's exactly what it is, modded servers masquerading as Vanilla servers. As far as I know, there are no such true Namalsk vanilla servers as it is a modded map not affiliated with Bohemia Interactive in any way. Be weary of modded map servers claiming they are vanilla. 

Edited by theroyal1